Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Overwhelmed- A good thing?

This afternoon I was caught completely off guard.  The enemy had snuck in and had stolen my motivation, joy and ability to overcome.  Circumstances surrounding me that are completely out of my hands seemed monumental and the tasks ahead, simple things, like making dinner and folding washing just seemed too hard.  My heart was hurting and as a result the world seemed too big.  While washing up for the third time today, I come to the realisation that I was trying too hard.  I was trying too hard to be a friend to everybody, to clean up everyone's mess, to pray for everyone, to solve everyone's problems and keep my heart intact at the same time.  While I stood there with my hands in the hot water, God reminded me I was overwhelmed and he had allowed it.

 It is a good thing for me, because only when I come to the end of myself, do I realise that I need him. 

He reminded me that it is not my job to take on everyone's burdens, no even my own.  Sometimes it seems impossible to pray for everything that is going on inside your heart and head, but thankfully he already knows it all anyhow.  What I do need to take time to do, is just sit and soak in his presence.  Let him lift the weight of the world from my shoulders and give me his load to carry instead.  Because he promises:

Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you.  Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy to bear, and the buren I give you is light.  (Matthew 11:28-30)

To be able to take up his yoke, you cannot carry anything else in your hands.  Everything that burdens your heart and mind must be layed down first.  Only then will you find rest for your soul. 

Bring it on Jesus!  I need that rest!  Take all of this stuff that I have pent up through the day, only you have control over it anyway.  Forgive me for not seeing it earlier.  Love all of my family and friends even though I can't be there for them all, I know you are.  You know what they need Lord.  Thank you for your peace.  I love You.  Thankyou Father.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...